Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Are you brave enough?

Are you brave enough to write a comment about your favorite General Conference talk and why? I love hearing other people's favorite talk and why. I always seem to get more insight when I ask other people. My favorite talk was by L.Tom Perry, keep it simple. For being in a "college student" situation it helped me and bade me to do keep things more simple. I also liked Elder Wirthlin's talk about how laughing. I can add my testimony to his about how laughter makes life so much easier.

4 comments:

Mikey Peterson said...

I just wrote a blog entry on my favorite Conference Talk. President Uchdorf's talk on Hope. Here's the link if you want. We miss you guys!

http://mikeyandkarie.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/i-love-general-conference/

You need to leave a comment on your favorite conf. talk over there as well :)

Corless Connection said...

Come what may and love it. Elder Wirthlin

Melissa and Aaron said...

I totally loved President Monson's talk about finding Joy in the Journey. I am constantly waiting for the next thing in life to happen and sometimes forget to enjoy what I am going through right now.

Giggles said...

When President Monson started the whole Conference off talking about the temple in my mission (Curitiba), that just set the mood for me right there.

As for my favorite talk, it would be a toss up between Elder Oaks, Elder Holland, Elder Hales, Elder Godoy, or Elder Cook.

I wrote down three things I was looking for answers for before it started. None of those addressed what I needed directly, but all of them addressed something else I needed to hear and just didn't know it.